Crazy Good Grilled Chicken Breasts
September 14, 2016
- Yields: 4 Servings
1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp Mediterranean Rub & Marinade
1Preheat a gas or charcoal grill on medium (350°F-400°F) for 15 minutes.
2Lay chicken between plastic wrap on a cutting board. Use a meat mallet to pound the chicken to ¾-inch thick. Pat the chicken dry with paper towel. Sprinkle the chicken with Mediterranean Rub & Marinade.
3Place chicken breasts on a well oiled, hot grill grate. Cook the chicken, covered, turning once halfway through, for approximately 12 minutes until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast reaches 165°F.
- Use 1 tsp Mediterranean Rub & Marinade per 7 to 8 ounce chicken breast
- Pounding slightly allows them to cook evenly.
- Perfectly cooked chicken should feel springy when pressed and the juices should be clear without any reddish tone.
- To freeze leftover chicken, let the chicken cool completely, then cut into strips before freezing.
- To cook the chicken breasts on the stovetop, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet and reduce the heat to medium. Add the seasoned, pounded chicken breasts and cook 1 minute; turn the chicken and cook 1 minute longer. Reduce the heat to low and tightly cover the skillet. Cook chicken undisturbed for approx. 12 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the chicken reaches 165ºF.
- Serve with a side of dipping sauce by combining ½ cup mayonnaise and 1 tsp Mediterranean Rub & Marinade.