1 Tbsp plus 2 tsp Rub Some Steak
Marinated Vegetable Ingredients
2 tsp Rub Some Steak
1Sprinkle steaks with Rub Some Steak. Preheat a gas or charcoal grill on medium-high heat (375°-400°F) for 15 minutes.
2As grill is heating, toss all of the marinated vegetable ingredients together.
3Place steaks on a well oiled hot grill grate and cook, covered, 8-10 minutes, or until desired doneness is reached (an instant-read thermometer inserted into the steaks will read 125°F for medium-rare) turning once halfway through cooking.
4Transfer the steaks to a cutting board; loosely cover with aluminum foil and let stand 5 minutes to allow juices to redistribute before slicing. Slice the steaks against the grain.
5Fill lettuce leaves with the sliced steaks and marinated vegetables.
- If time allows, let the steaks stand 15 minutes or refrigerate up to 2 hours after sprinkling with Rub Some Steak.
- Let the steaks stand at room temperature for 1 hour to take the chill off before grilling for more even cooking.
- Any moisture on the steaks will prevent them from browning. Pat the steaks with paper towel before applying the seasoning to ensure the surface is dry for a deeper sear on the outside.
- Resist the urge to move the steaks too soon after placing them on the grill. They will naturally release from the hot grate after a few minutes.
- If flareups occur during cooking, move the steaks to a cooler part of the grill temporarily.
- Allowing the cooked steaks to stand before slicing helps retain their juices. The internal temperature will rise 5° to 10°F upon standing (also known as carryover cooking). To ensure the correct desired doneness, remove the steaks from the grill 5° to 10°F below the desired final internal temperature. Remove the steaks from the grill at the following temperatures: 135°F for medium, 140°F for medium-well, 150°F for well done.
- To cook the steaks on the stovetop/in the oven, heat a cast iron or oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and heat until hot. Add the seasoned steaks and cook until the outside is seared, turning once. Transfer the steaks to a roasting rack over a baking sheet and roast in a 400°F oven until the desired doneness is reached.